View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #7
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPoyares View Post
So, lets say I applied parameter 1 in the amplitube 3 to bypass a pedal in the stomp session. How to control this parameter via laptop keyboard in REAPER? Didn't see any option in Action menu to control a single parameter by keyboard shortcut. I saw that AT3 has 16 slots. For me, it's enough, at least to play live with 16 pedals emulated. I didn't get Bome's keyboard to do this. I click in midi learn option or control learn in amplitube 3, select a key bu nothing is assigned, unfortunately. I'm using REAPER in Windows 7 32 bits, no midi devices, everything is very simple. Take care!
You still have to convert the computer keyboard key presses into some MIDI message; REAPER does not do that part for you (currently). A tool like BMT, AHK, or Pd should be able to provide that part of the solution.

Also, afaik Amplitube will not allow you to use the pedal bypass switches as *automation* parameters (did I already tell you its implementation of automation is completely retarded? ) For that specific purpose, you should rather use Amplitube's 'native' MIDI control ('Global' section) and assign MIDI CC#s (no notes, unfortunately - it's MIDI implementation is retarded as well, remember?).

As a general tip, try using MIDI control and automation with plug-ins that do not suck as badly as Amplitube to learn more about how MIDI and plug-in parameter automation work in REAPER and in general. You picked a *very* unfortunate example.

Last edited by Banned; 12-02-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote