View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #23
Nip
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by morelia View Post
I agree it seems like a license issue. Just spent the last hour deleting waves, rescanning, over and over. Even tried adding the shell2vst versions but no difference.

I'm running Win7 64bit. I am using ASIO. Clock date is set right for where I am.
If Waves licence center is called Waves licence center then it does not appear in that list. I had no problem with Waves v8 under iLok but I am running all v9 Waves now. Thanks for your help.
But is Waves stating that v9 replaces v8, I mean being backwards compatible?
As I understand your project once loaded v8 plugins.

I remember when going x64 there were many plugins that had different id as x64 version, so when projects made in x86 were opened in x64 there were missing plugins in project etc(since I didn't bother to install both 32 and 64bit of the same plugin in new daw).

Are both x64 and x86 versions of Waves v9 plugins scanned into Reapers list?
Thinking if loading is actually x86 versions bridged.

That happened to me, since no difference in naming of x86 versions. I could not see in reaper what was loaded.

I removed the x86 VstPlugins folder from Reaper which had the Waves dll, and created a new one and moved all plugins but Waves there. I didn't dare moving Waves as such, since I don't know if registry references exist.

Rescanned in Reaper to just get the x64 references to Waves.

Throwing more wild ideas...
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote