View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevosss View Post
Hey Xenakios, I've tried out the 'rename take' command which works...one thing I notice is, they don't actually rename once you hit ok...not until you click in the timeline somewhere, then they update. I'll try it on my other machine later to check as well. I macroed 'unselect all items' in after it and that works for a workaround.

It does seem a more direct link into Reaper though, ie no properties windows popping up briefly between actions, as in the old rename code. Nice work!
Hmm, interesting. I explicitly do call the Reaper API function to update the timeline after renaming. In fact, if I didn't it would cause something like that to happen, ie. the items not actually updating the names on the screen. I don't know why you are having this problem...

Yeah, heh heh this all direct integrated fiddling with Reaper's stuff, no need in the code to call up Reaper's dialogs and try to change things there...

edit : Hmm, it seems there's something else wrong too with the take renaming code, seems items spread on several tracks sometimes don't get anything else but blank names. (Not just a visual problem on the timeline, the take properties actually show blank.) I will have to look at this more closely. edit 2 : It isn't a problem even for items on several tracks, seems to be some kind of problem with memory allocation for the take name strings. I will try fixing this but it may be a good idea to avoid using this particular function in the mean time.

edit 3 : It seems the DLL I put up, has the routines it calls messed up a bit. The command for renaming takes calls an old routine that only supports single selected takes and shows the behaviour of not updating the timeline. "*Broadcast Wave Info Test 1" is actually the new code to rename multiple takes and is BADLY broken, too.

Last edited by Xenakios; 04-28-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote