View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
General Wrex
Human being with feelings

Default How to get multiple audio sources to play while using ASIO4ALL on Realtek HD onboard

In order for this to work properly you will need
-3.5m Splitter
-3.5m audio cable

Open up your Realtek HD Audio Manager and click the Device Advanced Settings link.
You want to enable the bubble for;
"Make front and rear output devices playback two different audio streams simultaneoulsy".

Now close the manager and right click the Speaker in your Tray and select Playback Devices,
make sure you see a new device called Realtek HD Audio 2nd output.
Make sure the Speakers say Default Device.

Open up your DAW and get into ASIO4ALL Config, Set the output to the Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output

Plug the Splitter into the Rear audio output on the soundcard and hook the cable from the Front audio output to the Splitter, Plug in your speaker system into the splitter.

You now should be able to have youtube play a video, and use your DAW at the same time, make sure to adjust the output levels of the Speakers and Realtek HD Audio 2nd Output to get a good mix.

I personally use my Video Cards AMD HDMI Output to play other sounds and my onboard Realtek for my DAW.
The idea is the same for any, as long as you have at least 2 soundcards, or a soundcard that can play 2 different audio streams like Realtek HD audio. Hope this helps!
I can post pictures if anyone would like.

Last edited by General Wrex; 05-15-2013 at 06:56 PM.
General Wrex is offline   Reply With Quote