View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #44
Guido
Human being with feelings

Hi,

While we are at tempos and such...plz, plz..two things.

One is can midi items respect project timebase? I mean if i have a gtr, bass..audio..and drums and keys..midi.. and we just played as a band to no click...and now i want to put Reapers time in sync to the prerecorded material..I sure as hell want everything to stay in time with each other! I can't understand how current behavior makes sense! If it cant be done technically then just tell me.But if it can be done..omg do it! Sry..

Two is..plz can everyone keep tempo and time sig separate in some of these discussions? I mean I may never need to insert a time sig at a random time..but i definitely may need to change tempo with as much time resolution as possible. As a matter of fact the tempo envelope could be used to "record" a tempo map from an external midi clock for eg.

I have a box i used to use live called The Studio Clock by Aphex. It sends out a midi clock based on drummer{or any midi or audio} input. Worked great with an mpc60 i used to use. And logic also. U play..ur daw follows..and it would make sense to be able to record that tempo info in the tempo envelope.

I get a bit paranoid because i remember what happened to TAp Tempo in Reaper. It originaly had a higher resolution..but ppl kept saying that no one could tap that accurately. It doesnt matter. Never take away resolution.plz! Add a smoothing algo or something. Sorry ..I am paranoid^^

And thx to cockos for all these JS and time sig new features and all.Thx.

Guido
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote