View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #390
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang View Post
but what if the *next* note is lower than the first? amenbrother wants a continuous glide across all sequenced/arp'd notes i think. and if we are only thinking one note at a time, this seems like something that would be better done in a post-processing midi plugin. actually, *has* it been done? enjoy! /dan

ps- smiling all the while i was composing this. hope the good humor is clear, Banned. ...and, any thoughts on arp!0 relative to Numerology?
Well, of course you have to do this every time between two notes; and when the second note starts you should already know the next (third) note in order to properly set its pitch bend offset. Of course it'd be easier to code for offline processing, but that would make an arpeggiator almost useless, no? (Perhaps not entirely - I remember making and using such arpeggiator scripts for offline use with Cakewalk's ancient and abandoned CAL application scripting language. The reason why I think it could be done in realtime, is that an arpeggiator typically knows in advance what notes it should play in advance of actually playing them (but I'm not sure that applies to your arpeggiator entirely). But it's definitely not the easiest thing to do.

I hope I didn't miss any good yet subtle humor, not being a native speaker, but don't worry about me taking your comments the wrong way.

Didn't get around to much playing with Numerology lately, unfortunately... will get back to you on that one.