View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
[...] I let the Reaper Csurf handle the basics...my preset for bomes midi translator does all the buttons via Reapers action learn window..all this is covered now. But its just the display. [...]
That concept seems fundamentally flawed to me. If you need something besides BMT to handle the display, and need to use MIDI (SysEx) for it (as you seem to do), then I suggest ditching BMT completely. It's way too kludgy to use two separate processes to handle a part of the MIDI stream / device. And the same probably goes for the Csurf plugin. I suggest picking *one* tool/platform to handle the entire problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
As far as who would be interested....any one that has a controler that was designed to work with protools. [...] these controllers used to be expensive. [...] just 3 mcus's! for the price of 1 used d8b. about $1400 including his mod. [...]
I may be wrong, but none of this sounds interesting to me yet, actually. Avid, ProTools, Mackie, MCU, HUI: to me they're more like swear words than anything to get excited about. "Incredibly expensive stuff that still doesn't work right - while my cheap ass gear works perfectly" is all I keep thinking. I'm still not hearing anything that I couldn't do *much* cheaper than $1400. Am I wrong? Seriously, I want to find out what it is that makes people pay so much money. Meters? VCA groups? Parameter feedback? Automapping? (Check, check, check, check... REAPER+OSC is pretty neat, I tell ya. )