View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:26 PM   #22
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned View Post
That should indeed be pretty arbitrary for Cockos to fix then.

BTW: here' a quick screencap (153 kB .mov) of a small detail of one of my BCR-2000 SysEx patches: it shows snippets of text being changed to raw ASCII (which the HUI format also seems to use, at least for the relevant range of alphabetic/numeric characters that we really care about) bytes, then wrapped in a SysEx message with appropriate head and tail. Something like that could be a building block for a OSC/HUI SysEx conversion patch supporting the display on your device.
Hi,

that is one cool rig u got there partner!

I looked at it a few times and I THINK I can see what ur doin.kinda^^..I think that could work..You are correct that the sys ex message uses the ascii order of lettters and characters, i am going to look now at danniis docs...herr banned..https://stash.reaper.fm/12357/MotorMi...per%20pkg3.pdf

a quote,,,,

Recieved Messages....

L.C.D. Display Note: HEADER = F0 - 00 - 01 - 0F - 00 - 11 - 00 -
L.C.D. Text Display HEADER-10-ADDRESS-V0-V1-V2-V3-V4-.....F7

ADDRESS is starting address of LCD
Character from 00 to 4F. Vx is ASCII
Character value.

For example: to put “Kick ” on display starting in Channel 4 at top row of LCD:

F0-00-01-0F-00-11-00-10-0F-4B-69-63-6B-20-F7

For example: to put “Bass1” on display starting in Channel 1 and “Snare” in Channel 2 at top row of LCD:

F0-00-01-0F-00-11-00-10-00-42-61-73-73-31-23-53-6E-61-72-65-F7..............

..its funny bannned the op docs and Danniis docs both are presenting the same info..minus the running status and header thing...in an entirely different way. The op docs come from what seems like a strategic overall developers strategy..like he figured out the overall plan....albeit with all the details there...and danniis present it in a more line by line,switch xxxx pushed ..sends aaaa.

wow ..what were we takin about again?^^

btw..is there any way to use Reascript to help us reach deeper Reaper api?

No knock on osc..so take it easy^^...hell I dont even know yet enufff about the osc side..but im learnin..kickin and screamin^^ Thanks yet again for ur insight and help.

Guido

On the display u can page..so its usually 4 parameters per page,with the parameter names on top and the values underneath .Along with the required 4 switches an 4 rotary vpots.

btw..this kind of conversion would benefit not only me but dannii..and every other controller that was designed to work w PT. There should be a few others out there..and...since this is osc/xxx to midi it could possibly benefit ANY midi controller with a display. I know u knew that banned^^

Last edited by Guido; 04-21-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote