View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
jonespnice
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by extacee_productions View Post
hi there every one, im new to this forum. i recently just got reaper (hooray)and decided that i wanted to add vacals to my beats! but the thing is i can't get reatune to work for me. i mean it works but idk how to use it properly, i have search all over the net trying to find out how to use it but no luck =[.

is there a way though how to get that t-pain effect on reatune? Also i downloaded gsnap but i cant find out how to make it work with reaper.

thanks
extacee_productions
Autotune is the best program to use for this but to do it in reatune you have to draw it in. First of all in reatune select manual correction tab and check all the check boxes (manual pitch correction, ect.) then let the track play and figure out where you want to place the pitch correction lines, keep in mind that you do not have the ability to draw in vibrato but I think you can do that using reapers parameter modulation. I don't really use this so maybe someone can give you better information.

In autotune you simply set the key to whatever and then set the scale to major, then set your tracking to 100, finally adjust your towards zero (fast) until you get the desired effect. Now this will be applied in realtime so no need to draw anything in unless you only want to affect certain words. I hope this helps.
jonespnice is offline   Reply With Quote