View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #28
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamish View Post
You know that 'really nifty idea' of antons is PURE REAPING genius. PF, admit it!!

Changing the default to 'ignore project tempo' would just cock up REAPER for entry level looping.
Admitted (though i haven't tried yet, does it work on the fly with the project open?).

But I disagree on the second point. As long as timebase is in beats everything works as expected (the same as audio). It's only those of us that understand how to use timebase who get screwed.

In the post-fix scenario I've described, in beats timebase (default) the midi will get stretched, it time, only the tempo map changes. I don't see how this could screw with anyone. In other words, if a default change was implemented as per this request, no one would see any difference unless they decide to change timebase and in that case, things would still be working as expected instead of how they are now.

Currently the midi gets stretched in either timebase until you alter the source properties. Makes not a bit a sense.

For the record, my compositional style could be described as pattern based (i.e. essentially loop based). I don't use native looping in reaper because I think the loop indicators look like dogshit. Prefer ghosted midi items locked to the grid.