View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #40
AudioWonderland
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennisixx View Post
True. Although it gets better all the time. changing from freebob to ffado made it much easier to use fire-wire cards for example.
Jackd is great but confusing as hell to learn.
I think things would be much better if devices displayed product names and not things like hd0.

More people use linux everyday.
Hardware manufacturers need a reason to write good drivers for another OS. Large user base is required.
It will happen at some point.
I love Linux and use it regularly. This concept has been around for at least 10 years now and we are still waiting for it to get in the same zip code as win/mac audio.

Lets face it, the Linux types are interested in about everything but the audio. IF there was any interest in that aspect it would have been addressed long ago. Its just not going to happen.

Its not 1998 anymore. MS has gotten their act together. XP SP3 was stable as hell. Vista was rushed but MS did not force you to upgrade. They maintained XP support. Windows 7 has been kick ass. No one hated MS as much as me 10 years ago but the reality is that the huge stability advantages Linux had 10 years ago just aren't there anymore.

About the only advantage left for audio purposes is cost
AudioWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote