View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:51 PM   #34
sebas777
Human being with feelings

@Yfoiler, I think I know why you don't like the idea too much. But let's add one more piece of info on the "Logic way":

well, to insert notes in Logic, you right-click.

You may also program other mouse behaviors by changing tools, and changing tools is most often done by switching to another screenset, or by pressing escape (...a toolbox appears close to the current cursor position, and you either press a number on the keyboard, or just click a tool with either of mouse buttons to 'pick' it; the tool for that button is chosen, the toolbox disappears).

There are no right-click menus (rather, the menus are 'docked' at each window); everything is done with a combination of keycommands, programmable tools and screensets (screensets are almost like having multiple customized copies of the DAW toggled by a simple keystroke). With time, I get used to Reaper, but the Logic way was about 30-50% quicker.

How to merge these two paradigms ? I'd love to be able to dock/undock the right-click menu with a keycommand, and to save the 'docking state' within each screenset.

Anyways, why won't we have it set in Preferences, as an *option* . Everyone will be happy (as always !).

Last edited by sebas777; 01-24-2009 at 09:56 PM.
sebas777 is offline   Reply With Quote