View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:37 AM   #18
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvin View Post
My post was not directed at anyone in particular - just a simple observation that lots (a majority, in my experience) of people are more technicians than musicians nowadays, bent on tweaking sound way beyond what is practical or beneficial. You can see it every forum: the technical questions, requests, arguments, expectations, techniques, etc., far outweigh the musical conversations.
All music is numbers anyway-it doesn't really matter what angle you look at it-vibrations are measurable and repeatable.
I guess why we see more technical threads is because it is more technical these days-especially if any type of 'computing' is done in the process of recording.
Tape was using electrical/vibrational impulses.The most direct way to cut was by the "edison method" from mouth to plate,but not everyone has/had that equiptments.

Dj's get a lot of stick by some classically trained musicians,stating there is no skill to dj'n-- I firmly disagree..it's a modern form of composition as well,just different.It is an art in itself imo.

As far as sound designing-well it is practically the only way to even be close to being original these days=it's all been done before..blahhhhblahhh.

What type of conversations are you looking for? about how your chord changes at bar2? what is there to discuss??

It's like a great painting-just enjoy,there's really no need to endlessly debate why the picture is great?
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote