View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #10
lowellben
Human being with feelings

I thought it was just me, but on Windows 8 x64 here it's the same. The subfolders seem to be ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar View Post
Hi I've noticed a peculiar issue with Reaper regarding detection of 64 bit plug-ins. The problem is that when adding the plug-in path for 64 bit plug-ins Reaper doesn't detect all plugins in that folder or plug-ins residing in sub-folders. For instance if I add the path "C:\Program Files\Vstplugins" which contains sub-folders (for example "C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Native Instruments") it doesn't detect plug-ins within the Native Instruments folder. Whereas the same procedure in the 32 bit plug-in folder ("C:\Program Files(x86)\Vstplugins") allows Reaper to detect all plug-ins within sub-folders.

A workaround that works for the 64-bit folder is that I add the specific sub-folder to the plug-in path in reaper (pointing reaper to "C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Native Instruments"). So in case it doesn't detect a specific plug-in I create another folder and point Reaper to it.

I should note that there is no such issue with the x86 folder path. It detects all plug-ins without any issue.

I wanted to know if anyone else has encountered this issue or am I the only one with this problem. I'm running the 64-bit version of Reaper on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can advice me on this situation. Thanks.