View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
Brian Cares
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmac View Post
Hi Brian.

Well , I have no experience mapping midi controls whatsoever. So , before I attempted anything , I consulted the Allen and Heath company to see if there was any problem in doing so , and to know if someone with more experience in this field had constructed a template for this. My first post shows the quote from A and H , taken from an email they sent me after inquiring. This is all I know of it thus far. How do you interpret it?
Hey Farmac,

I understand their statement. In their eyes Reaper is still considered "underground". I know the first frustration if your coming from another DAW. Reaper is not "ready out of the box" for everyone. Indeed it is rather highly customizable, which comes by the cost of a pretty steep learning curve.

Believe me, once you get a hang of the combination of board and DAW and figure out your very own approach and workflow this will be better than any "template" a company like A&H could supply.

For the start:

For any parameter you want to control, hit strng & circumflex (right below escape) after touching the control. This will let you map the control to any pot or midifader on the board.

This does not apply to mixer controls (vol, pan, send...)
For these, go to the action window and search for "apply volume to midi" or smth similar. Same goes for pan.

The Zed is a great board indeed.

I use it primarily for mixing. The Eq is killer and the integration and routing with the DAW is awesome. I am waiting for the Zed24 to come later this year though. It offers more feaatures for a killer price.

Have fun!
Brian Cares is offline   Reply With Quote