View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
Codey
Human being with feelings

Just finished an online scan with the Eset tool.

Never used it before. Heard about it but never tried it.
Excellent stuff. No threats found.

I don't know what more I can do, really.

Oh, I forgot to mention I have Spybot Search and Destroy on this system as well as all the other stuff. It's slow as hell, not great detection rates and slows down startup, so I turn all those modules off. I use it occasionally to 'immunize' the system against known threats. Another layer of defence that has no performance or compatibility issues.

Doesn't cost anything and doesn't hurt. Once a month, I'll usually do a quick scan with TDSSKiller at this point too.

The machine boots in a minute or so and everything opens the instant you click on it - not bad for a machine that is nearly five years old.

If I get the time, I'll email the bods at Panda and get them to look into this little problem some people have had. I'm sure they would be interested. I really don't have a clue why this is happening either...

I have downloaded the so called 'infected' file, from the so called 'infected' web page. I'm going to install it now, non-sandboxed. If it comes back to bite me on the botty, you'll be the first to know.

:-}
Codey is offline   Reply With Quote