View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #28
Mudcat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezmotivnik View Post
...Where do you install Beta Money stuff so you just can drag and drop loops into a track? I've never done this before and am unfamiliar with what is probably a very simple process.
I buy the Acidized WAVE files for Betamonkey and have a folder for them under "My Documents" on my computer. To get them into your REAPER project all you need to do is create a track, open REAPER's media explorer and navigate to the folder where you have the loops stored. You can listen to the different loops in the explorer and locate a basic groove that works for your song idea. Double click on the loop you want to use and it will import to the track.

Since the loops are Acidized they should sync to the project tempo. Sometimes they don't, and I don't know why. Probably has something to do with the way I have REAPER set-up. If you have this problem you can right click on the loop, go into its properties and resize it appropriately (IE. if your project is at 130 BPM and the loop is at 125 BPM you would stretch the loop by a factor of 1.04 {130/125 = 1.04} and keep the "maintain pitch" box checked).

Once I have the basic loop loaded and tempo synced I drag the right side of the loop out to between four and five minutes. That gives me plenty of time to work out the instrumental parts for any song I will come up with.

Once I have the basic arrangement of the song worked out (IE. the verse/chorus/bridge structure) I go back in and completely edit the drums by cutting, pasting and reorganizing loops on the drum track. That is a completely different discussion which involves a lot more than I can explain in a forum post.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Mudcat; 09-09-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Mudcat is offline   Reply With Quote