View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
danfuerth
Human being with feelings

I will give some input "SOME"

Since I use Reaper live with Jamvox VST plugin one thing I say is FKIN LATENCY there I said it, as harsh as it sounds what is the point of having real time when your latency sucks ass?

If you want to do this get a nice LOW Latency Firewire interface. I am talking either Edirol, RME stuff maybe Motu and Configure your PC for low latency work, that means doing some work on your behalf.

I am not trying to be an ass to you, I am just pointing out that I use Reaper every weekend and I am running the Jamvox VST plugin as a live Effects Box.
I have done many weekends shows with no AMPS Period!!!

I use an Edirol Fa101 with an MSI AMD triple Core laptop with a TI based Firewire bus card.

Like I said I have walked in with the Laptop, Edirol Fa101 and the guitar that is it and ran the show fine.

Reaper was doing all the work, controlling the lights with midi, controlling the Jamvox VST with the backing tracks with Automation for Jamvox program switching

Very simple setup, but Laptop is tweeked to hell for low latency work and the Edirol FA101 has some reg settings mods to make it even lower latency.

Laptop is running Windows 8, setup with the Windows 8 Super batch ( I posted this on the forum look for it please) and the Edirol Fa101 Registry Mods.

Overall I can tap guitar van halen tunes all night and the latency is preety good even for my ears, and I hate latency!! It is around 1.5 ms that is good for backing tracks + running the Jamvox VST plugin, I dumped all the other bloated ones and do not use them that much anymore.
danfuerth is offline   Reply With Quote