View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 01:46 AM   #4
Nip
Human being with feelings

I'm sorry, I was mistaken - there is no selection in Reaper of which input/output to sync on - looking now.

Thought what was in my other daw(Cakewalk Sonar) would be here too.

It's not midi sync or something like that I'm referring too - but which input on any interface in system is used to sync the 44.1k/48k/96k or whatever you run.

This is useful if using SPDIF input for recording among other things, and you need not use wordclock(and everything that comes with that) for your system.

There is something about using multiple ASIO interfaces as I recall. I have not looked if choosing WDM if anything else in settings appear.

If using one clock for input and one for playback it's bound to be a pop or crack in between. Clocks are never identical.

So unless you can select something in ASIO panel(as to be slave, not master) for POD device I see no solution.

Any audio output to POD as well - using that for playback as well while recording is the best I can suggest?

Or if SPDIF output from pod that give the same functionality as via usb, that could be run through main soundcards spdif input, and then usually be selected as sync in ASIO panel.

Any settings in ASIO4ALL that might let you select which interface to sync everything to?
Change it to pod while doing recording of guitar.
Nip is offline   Reply With Quote