View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
Fran Guidry
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by media12 View Post
I know the extensions that Reaper doesn't read : flv, mkv, mp4.But I don't know what format Reaper can read and edit correctly.

Nofish : I'm on windows 7. 64bits, and on reaper v4.3 x64.
Thanks to your proposition, but I will not send to you each video I work on it, each time I have a problem ! I prefer to know wich video formats reaper can read and hope they will grow in the next versions.
The formats that REAPER can handle depend on several things. First, which codecs you have installed on your computer. Windows comes with some codecs, Quicktime installs some, when you install video editing software it will often add codecs to your system. And when you install software associated with video cameras you will often add new codecs.

Beyond the system codecs, REAPER has two additional ways of opening and displaying video. Support for FFmpeg libraries has been a feature for a while now. Check this thread for information on downloading and installing the FFmpeg libraries: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=82459 These libraries provide support for a large number of video containers and streams.

As airon, the author of the thread I just posted, has mentioned in this thread, the latest development builds of REAPER have added a link to VideoLan VLC as a tool for opening and displaying video. If you follow the suggestions in his post above you will find that you can open many additional files.

For whatever reason, the REAPER team has not used the VLC extension to open FLV or MTS files, perhaps the range of files available will continue to expand.

But hopefully you can see that it's not a simple matter to specify which video files REAPER can process.

Fran
Fran Guidry is offline   Reply With Quote