View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #27
Gooey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Ah Why didn't you ask?

I don't know how comes and why, but somehow for guitar delay/chorus/phaser/flanger and the occasional auto filter I still happen to like the old Kjaerhus Classic series plugs. Somehow they remind me of handling and sound of my old guitar FX rack.
Myself I plug directly into the audio interface and normally use Guitar Rig for amp and cabinet simulation, but still, more than occasionally, - if the guitar sound is clean to crunchy - I'll rather follow it up with one/some of those instead of using the GuitarRig inbuilt FX.

But, if I were in your shoes - just wanting to play and use the FX - I'd probably opt for a hardware FX rack instead of using a computer and all its technical overhead. Stuff to grab and cables to plug. And something solid to kick if things don't work out .
Thanks for your thoughts. But I'm going to bow out of asking about things like this. Everybody seems to assume that I'm a guitar player who'd be better off doing effects a different way than hosting them in computer. But what I'm specifically interested in is doing that. It isn't for the purpose of playing guitar through them on a regular basis. I probably should have given all the background from the outset. But I wanted to avoid the trouble of explaining why I wanted to host VSTs in Reaper. I definitely should never have said anything about playing guitar through them, suggesting that that was my end objective. You can see where that got me.

Last edited by Gooey; 01-30-2013 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typo
Gooey is offline   Reply With Quote