View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 10:48 AM   #13
serr
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
MS had the golden opportunity of a lifetime to take advantage of diehard Mac users' dissatisfaction with the direction of OS X and hardware development...
Like the misguided OSX updates and the fact that they haven't refreshed the Pro line of computers since 2012?

Looked like the opportunity of a lifetime from the perspective of past Apple performance as a company. I guess it turns out they're still light years ahead of the Windows camp even with that.

There's really not much to genuinely complain about right now. We have this pool of super computers from the last 8 or so years to choose from. You can set yourself up to the highest levels for cheaper than these tools have ever been before. More happiness and light in the equation than anything else.

But I miss seeing a new innovation every 6 months or less and seeing new batches of machines that sweep the floor with the old ones. It's very much worrisome to see Apple sitting on their laurels with 5 year old pro machines being the most current offering and stuff like the iTunes store being 15 years out of date selling mp3 quality music (not even CD res there yet let alone 24 bit HD).

We got spoiled for a spell there with constant innovation and performance. Now it's like "Where'd everybody go?!"

Seems like a perfect storm of opportunity for someone in the Linux camp to write an audio engine and take over the pro audio world right now.

FYI, turn off some of the 'call home' stuff in OSX too.
And you should absolutely install Little Snitch! I don't care what OS you run, install Little Snitch. Nothing will get in or out without permission.

Don't screw around leaving the door unlocked and then scanning for infections after the fact with virus scanners. Lock the door like you do with your house!

Last edited by serr; 02-19-2017 at 10:53 AM.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote