View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #12
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiman View Post
Greetings all Reaper users and I hope Reaper programmers too!

Reaper is in serious need of support for HUI and EUCON protocols. Reaper has grown so much in positive directions that I have almost completely dropped Protools in favor. HOWEVER, I say almost, because the lack of support for digital surface consoles for mixing and rapid workflow needed by professionals that cannot be forced to mouse mix has to be addressed!

I have read threads where such things are discussed on and off, a reply was finally received from Avid, etc.. but we as users need to keep beating this drum until it becomes reality.

I have shown reaper to many of my friends using Protools, Logic, etc.. and I have impressed them all, until....we discuss desk and control surface compatibility, They then think Reaper is a toy and not worth their time.

Please let's get this put to bed and give Reaper the chance to be used by pros and others in rapid pipeline production.
Hi,

I agree..and u know i love/fear u banned^^.

I'll just speak for myself, but at a certain point some stuff should not be diy. I'll leave the philisophical side out{because i'll get killed^^} and speak as just a user. Some ppl arent techie ...the way it is now is there are a few "standards" out there. And if u like faders and such the fact is as of now , u need cs support that includes multiple controllers.

Like if i want to use an old HUI that i picked up on ebay..and a mcu..and a MCMIX..for eg. I should be able to do so in a professional environment..sry for cussin^^....The efforts by Geoff and klinke..and justin for the original csurfs...are great and i appreciate them very much..but if u dont work just like they do, ur sol.

As an ex.. I use klinkes csurf with my controller..more on that later..and would love to buy a used C4 for editing plugin parameters..sry no go^^.

IMHO the devs {and anyone else interested in this subject} should look at the way Logic handles this. If the devs developed a similar function in Reaper, It would be ahead of all the daws..including Logic...because they {the other daws} don't have Reaper users access to the api for customization for the geeks^^, and Plug and Play for the drummers^^ha!

Sry but i dont know what an abstraction layer is..but if it means one could combine multiple hw controllers easily..for me thats the ticket.

@digiman...i made a preset for a program called bomes midi translator pro that converts a HUI speaking "box" into a "klinke "speaking box {MCP}.. Let me know if u are interested..but as i said above it is not ideal because of the lack of multiple controller support.

Guido
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote