View Single Post
Old 09-10-2010, 03:17 AM   #30
norbury brook
Human being with feelings

Kev,

I agree with you too about OSX, there's a lot about it I love too I'm not a big fan of the whole 'Apple' scheme of things though. I hate the Steve Jobs way or no way approach and the whole fanboy uneducated thinking of a lot of the Apple users.They do make beautifully designed hardware though if that's important to you, just hate being told what i can and can't do with my computer.Their Business/advertising practices seem to operate under their own rules, Microsoft gets hauled through the courts regularly for things Apple seem to do as a matter of course.Why can Apple force users into using Safari but microsoft nearly had to introduce windows 7 in the EU with NO browser at all so it didn't seem like it was biased towards internet explorer!!

anyway rant over

I'm about to try using Ubuntu on my laptop to replace OSX and see how I get on, I've been a big open source fan for many years but never used it as my main OS, I've just got to see if File maker Pro runs under wine as that's been my invoicing system now for 10 years for my business.

I think you'll find running Reaper under windows 7 x64 on a current i7 quad with 6-12 gigs of ram an absolute joy, it really flies and is as stable as anything I've ever used, I've just completed my 3 rd project since going back to Reaper and have had NO issues at all, not one crash in 3 projects

Enjoy

MC

Last edited by norbury brook; 09-10-2010 at 03:38 AM.
norbury brook is offline   Reply With Quote