View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
The Telenator
Banned

RE: bridging. You've really got to hand it to the REAPER gang regarding their own efforts to achieve bridging. It works so much better than I would have ever guessed, having had an 'experience' with jBridge about a year ago. But there is a cost. I little bit of processing for each plugin bridged, and we all know how things have the nasty tendency to add up.

I want to just say very briefly that I agree with everyone talking about memory issues and RAM. I'm one of the lucky ones using all 32 in a 64-bit machine, but once in a while and with certain plugins memory becomes an issue. I've meant to study this more, because I know there is a way to fix it. There is at least one way I know of to assign large memory to software being used. It involves dealing with each particular programme directly. You have to actually 'go in there' and make programme alterations. It is not without potential hazards and one must always keep a backup of the original item being modified, if only for use with further updates and versions to be release at later dates.

Still, overall and so far, I've had better results in my 32-bit setup.

Last edited by The Telenator; 01-05-2013 at 02:15 PM.
The Telenator is offline   Reply With Quote