Thread: Linux NATIVE
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 02:22 AM   #1578
Veto
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Hah thanks, silly (and old) bug, fixing!
Thank you Justin, that bug is fixed!

---
Concerning menu auto-scroll there is a conflict between scrolling up and forcing scroll down.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Insert Track Fx
2. Change any Fx parameter
3. Open Param/Midi Link/Note and scroll down to note 127
4. Move the mouse to the scroll up button and let the highlighted/selected item scroll down off-screen

It is easy to fix by letting the highlighted item scroll upwards too which also looks cleaner imho. Like this:
https://github.com/veto-gh/wdl_v/com...51fcd23cad5173
The bug only shows up here when scrolling up but for consistency it would be cool to have the highlighted item change too when scrolling down. Unfortunately I'm not able to do it without re-writing/messing up a bigger part of the code, so I left it the way it is for now.

---
Another thing: What do you think about deferring a submenu popup?
In some cases (when the parent menu is close to the right border of the screen) it is difficult to open a specific submenu because the parent menu has been obscured by another submenu (I can upload a screencap if it is unclear).
Maybe it also fixes this problem completely (the gtk 3.10 dependent bug) which still pops up here and there, though very rarely thanks to your workaround.
If you like I could give it a go.
(In the same turn I would like to improve the position of a submenu when the parent is close to the right screen border. I.e. left of the parent instead over it)

Last edited by Veto; 04-23-2017 at 03:57 AM.