View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 12:55 AM   #39
sqby
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by radekdolezi View Post
Thank you – i found your post a bit earlier already, but could i have a question yet? Regarding the fact i'm not able to simulate it without the hw unit i'm not sure, how does the workflow look like? The script creating side is quite clear for me, but what next ... for example ... i have the mix session (with all tracks, groups and folders properly named) and i add console 1 plugin on all desired channels (as i understand your post, it must be the 1st plugin slot reserved for console 1 plugin, right?).*Do you need to select desired channel within reaper with mouse (or another controller) and run that xConsole cycle action everytime you want to tweak anything with the Console 1 hw controller? Isn't it a bit extra time consuming? If i'm wrong, could you please describe it a bit closer? Thank you
Hi! You select tracks and add a C1 on it using cycle action:
"CONSOLE xConsole" - i made a button on a toolbar to do this as well keyboard shortcut, that way - you have C1 across all selected tracks in order.

When using the second cycle action:
1.Toggle Fx 1 on selected track offline
2.Toggle FX 1 on selected track online

You just select track (in DAW - not in C1) - either by mouse or hw controller like ICON, MCP etc. and run the action above. I bound it to keyboard.
So workflow:
select track on icon, press keyboard shortcut for cycle action, voila - track is selected inside C1. That way I never had to write track names inside C1 (and that is really time consuming) - because used DAW channel tracks as navigation.

best