View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 12:51 AM   #1
mjpatey
Human being with feelings

Default Save a group of items as a new .wav file?

Hi, Group-

This is my first time playing with Reaper, and I am floored by how powerful and customizable it is!

I'm evaluating it as a replacement for Adobe Audition, which I use primarily for voiceover recording and editing. Every task I've thrown at Reaper in the last 2 hours, it has handled with ease... but there's one thing I can't figure out how to do.

Is there a way to save a selected group of items as a new audio file? I see how to "render items as new take" but it doesn't seem to create a new audio file that I can save with a new name.

I also tried doing it by rendering a time selection (under File -> Render...), but I need the new .wav file to be tightly trimmed at the top and bottom, and couldn't figure out how to get the time selection to snap to the edges of the first and last item. Since some of my VO projects involve delivering hundreds of individual files, manually dragging to select the top and tail without snapping to the items would be too inefficient.

Any ideas on how to get this done with the slickness I've seen so far from Reaper?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed!

-Mark
mjpatey is offline   Reply With Quote