View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
BDrums1971
Human being with feelings

Default Midi controller help with Prominy V-Metal

Hi, I'm new to the forum here and am going crazy and need some of your expert help. I have the Reaper DAW installed and have been using it with no problems. Have used many VST's and learned alot.

But, I just got V-Metal a couple weeks ago (used with Kontakt), and need to change a parameter via my external keyboard. I have used the parameter learn function in Reaper before, and know the basics of it, but I am having a hard time with this.

In the manual, the V-Metal says that the parameter I want to adjust (in this case length of "gliss down") is controlled by midi cc#4. The keyboard I am using is an older Ensoniq TS12, which has worked fine for me, but doesn't have alot in the way of information on the midi side of it.

Using the learn function in Reaper, I have found that, for instance, the attack slider is CC#73. I am not sure what controller on my keyboard controls #4 (or if there is even one).

Sooooo, I would be perfectly happy using the attack slider on my Ensoniq to control the gliss down parameter in V-Metal, using Reaper to accomplish that.

I tried using reaper midi envelope controller set to #4, but couldn't get it to adjust the gliss down parameter. Please tell me. Am I an idiot here. I KNOW there has GOT to be a way to do this. Even a link to a FAQ or another post would be appreciated.
BDrums1971 is offline   Reply With Quote