View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #8
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Have a look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjJ8e4-p_y4

IMHO this represents excellent integration with a control surface, of course, I took the stock implementation supplied in the Reaper SDK and added to it my concept of workflow, so I'm somewhat biased

Seriously though, as Banned said, if you have the cash and can procure the Eucon SDK (software development kit), give me a holla', I'm ready to go.

Just to prevent sticker shock, the going rate for this type of programming is at least $75 / hour, we're looking at probably a minimum of 100 hours, most likely a LOT more, so $7500 at least, and going up from there.

Still interested ?

Thought not !!

This comes up time after time after time from the vocal few like you (and me) and the result is always the same, there just aren't enough of us to support the development costs.

I've professionally developed control surface support for a number of DAWs for the manufacturer of a control surface that I'm positive 99% of you are familiar with and contrary to what some may think it actually goes like this:

Controller manufacturer wants to sell units.

They contact as many DAW manufacturers as they can and those who will play ball (collaborate) get support.

It is NOT the DAW manufacturer that typically pays the freight, it's the controller manufacturer.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote