View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #112
deailes
Human being with feelings

Default use external midi controller to control fx parameters

So i contacted Liine support about section 9.5 Bi directional support in their manual.

Their recommendation was that i clarify this in the reaper or Liine forums as they could not replicate the issue?

I guess i am just trying to understand if i am comprehending the manual correctly and that what I am trying to do should work, which is:

use external midi controller to control the 16 fx parameters. In my head when i change device the ipad picks this up but i actually use the external midi controller to control the 16 parameters but with feedback on the ipad.

I should note that i have partial success in the sense that when moving the midi controller knobs the feedback is displayed on the ipad but the parameter within Reaper does not actually move.

Original post at Liine forums connectivity section :
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))))))
Hello

What i would like to achieve:

I use Reaper as DAW.
I am using reaper template provided here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=98673

Works fine. All connected when using osc.. good stuff ;-)

I want to however control the 16 Device parameter knobs using an external midi controller. In this case an evolution X-session. This has 16 knobs configured for channel 1, range through 16-31.

In lemur settings i have set midi targets as follows:
MIDI 0 from: Loopmidi Port B To: LoopMidi Port a
MIDI 1 from: EV-XS Usb To: EV-XS Usb

In Template editor i have amended the 'Strip' Page.
screenshot here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55411004/Pho...%2014%2011.png

For each of the 16 knobs on display i have updated their midi mapping as per 9.5 Bi Directional part in the manual.

So for example on the first knob. the midi mapping has been changed to:

Object Target: MIDI 1
X Target: MIDI 1
Controller: 16 to 16
Channel: 1 to 1

I have then uploaded the changed template and restarted everything just to be sure. When i move knob 16 on the external midi controller the display on the ipad moves to reflect the changes in value. the vst plugin that is being controlled however does not move. If i use the ipad to then move the plugin then it works as normal.

Can you confirm if i am just missing a simple setting somewhere? Seems so close....
)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))
deailes is offline   Reply With Quote