View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #10
kindafishy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Jamstix is like Band in a Box for drums and Ezd/Superior are actual drum romplers.

If you want omeone else (or rather something else) deciding how your drum track should be played, Jamstix is great but if you have a definite idea of exactly what you want played or can play stuff in yourself, the Toontrack stuff or Steven Slate Drums or Battery or BFD are all good. I own all of them plus a good few others and they ALL have their uses.

Do look at Big Mono (free) and Splitsticks Popsticks etc from anaaloguedrums.com - cheap and really really good little kits.
Jamstix doesn't have to be overbearing like that. You could do as I do and use the Jamstix editor to program your own drums by 'hand'. I love working in that environment.

Piano rolls and such don't make sense to me, but the Jamstix editor does. Loop a bar, double click to place sounds, right click, change to different sounds per cel, move the timing of your hits to be behind the beat, switch to rim shot, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda. Edit in Jamstix, send midi to Superior Drummer. Perfect.

In some bizarro world, if I could have only just purchased the editor on it's own, I would have happily paid 3x what I paid for the whole suite, just for that part of it.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote