View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #115
diversgens
Human being with feelings

Sorry i'm not very clear but english is not my native language and i don't have enough vocabulary in the technical domain, but i can perhaps be more clear:
In Lemur, OSC and MIDI are bi-drectional.
My template was, at different stage, able to send and receive OSC messages and Midi messages.
But the knob in the FX window are sending osc msg despite the midi data in the Lemur Editor tab because my template use the osc protocol of Reaper.

When you move a knob on your hardware, it send midi cc info and the value of this CC (ie CC1-0 to 127), in the template the knob send a osc value(from 0 to 1) with a string (ie :/Knobn/x, see it in the LemurEditor OSC tab) and the string is related to a parameter in the ReaperOsc file (look in the Lemur.Osc file) and is interpreted by the OSC implentation in Reaper.

I hope i can resume like this:
Lemur template send and receive contextual value where your harware send fix value.
What you can try to do is to Midi learn a parameter of a VST plugin in Reaper move a knob in the hardware and then you will see the knob/slider move in Reaper and in the Lemur template if you have select the plugin in the strip tab.

I hope i have been more clear.
diversgens is offline   Reply With Quote