View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 02:09 AM   #13
Hoodee
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteaxxxe View Post
where does that insight come from? its wrong. single or bus or master doesnt matter if you have the CPU to handle iZotope on single tracks. a compressor is a compressor ... so what makes for example the iZotope compressor invalif for a single track? and what about the Waves L-limiters? for single tracks?

you shouldnt oput out such bold statements that are founded on nothing but on some rant at some forums from some guys who are also talking what they have heard. means: dont know nothing about.
What makes you think I've read that on the internet? In my case, it's mostly experience, but whatever...

Izotope tends to create more "all-in-one" tools, quite CPU-hungry, might I add, so using them on single tracks is just wasting ressources, while Waves' plugs are simply a compressor, an eq, etc. Some computers can accomodate such need for power, others don't. Mine happens to belong to the latter type, so I've learned to work this around by not overusing Ozone or Alloy, just for that extra polish. There's also the complexity of the product : Waves offer a lot of plugins with fixed values, while Ozone's or Alloy's compressors are powerhouses, highly configurable. My bold statement as you named it is based solely on MY experience and is valid for MY workflow, never have I said that the other way around those plugins would suck.

No offense, but before you judge someone's post on ANY forum, be sure it's based on something more than just rants on the internet... You might end up sounding "douchy"...
Hoodee is offline   Reply With Quote