Thread: New DDP Export
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #303
Kawabatnam
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
Kawabatnam, I sent you a PM. Let me know what you find out.
Thanks, Wyatt
OK, I have tried your new version and there's some modest improvement, the output message when trying to convert to a cue file being now different: "Converting DDP image to cue/wav image. Time elapsed: 0.000000" is what I get, but no cue file.

Trying to list what could be wrong, I tinkered directly with ddpinfo.exe using the command line (I usually hate that), using both the version included in your Tools directory and the version from Andreas Ruge website: I now believe your GUI is probably just fine since even in command(o) line mode I can only get the "-y" parameter to work, the other parameters having zero effect (not even a DOS window) -and this is with XP2, XP3 and XP Pro. Just to be sure: You wrote that XP users needed "dot net 2.0" -is that the same as "microsoft .Net Framework 2.0"? (all 3 XP configuration have this installed, up to .Net Framework 3.5).

By the way, this is with a DDP set from Reaper; with a DDP from a Sadie 5 from a friend's studio there's no result at all: It can't even pass the verifying step... even in command line (that's a bit surprising since this DDP went in production without any problem and the released CDs were ok).

If possible, next tests would be on Vista and 7, with DDPs from Wavelab (nice program btw) and Sequoia, if I can get some friends to spare me some time...
I guess everything is working fine on your PC, so there's hope!
Kawabatnam is offline   Reply With Quote