View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
gtomassetti
Human being with feelings

Hey, man:

I kicked the Windows habit for good 2 years ago and never looked back. I haven't used Windows since XP Pro, and don't miss it a bit. Mind you, I'm not young and hip like the Apple commercials like to portray their user base. I'm more old and senile, but I like the hardware, expensive though it might be, and Mac OS is pretty stable for me and easy to navigate.

I'm quite new to REAPER, but have found that in general it has worked quite well in Mac OS. I get the idea on these forums that Mac is sort of a secondary concern for the coders — not a judgement, only an observation — but recording and editing both MIDI and audio has gone quite smoothly for me.

One thing I've noticed (and I'm going to start another thread about it, because I'd be curious to hear others' opinions) is that as far as plugins go, REAPER seems to like VST better than it does AU. I have lots and lots of plugs, and some of them will immediately crash REAPER if I instantiate the AU version, while the VST version will work perfectly well.

Hope this helps.
17" MBP & 8-core Mac Pro 10.10.5 — REAPER 5+ (32 & 64-bit), PT 12.6 HDN — Studio One 3 Pro — Precision 8, MOTU 8pre, MH ULN-2 & LIO-8, Avid OMNI — Way too many plugins — Sound Forge Pro — WaveLab — Finale
gtomassetti is offline   Reply With Quote