View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #5
Peevy
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzathedrummer View Post
I've had a mac for about a year now, I find it to be way more intuitive for creative stuff than a PC.
On a PC I seemed to spend at least 50% of my time tweaking the OS so that Reaper would run smoothly, closing down processes etc, you don't get that on a Mac, you just run what you want to run and it works.
This behaviour seems to be comparable to Linux, not that I'm expecting OSX to be anything like Linux. All I want from a Mac is for it to be better & more productive than Windows.

Quote:
As far as being treated like a dumb ass, well I'm afraid that's something that's even worse in Mac world!! Macs are predominantly marketed at dumb asses with lots of money, most things are so completely locked down that you either use it their way or don't use it at all (iMovie, iTunes, Garageband, iWeb, safari etc), but once you get passed all that crap you'll be fine.

75% of people will hate you (irritating)......other Mac users treat you like a close relative (even more irritating).

I suppose I can live with this side of things as its mainly Windows as an OS that's really bugging me.

Quote:
Of course, Reaper IS Reaper, so no real change there - i've not had any problems so far.

I use mine in the studio, for live performance and recording, disco's and I've just used it to capture a camera feed on a video shoot, its never had the slightest problem.
All good to know thanks for your input dazzathedrummer