View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #24
atomcrayon
Human being with feelings

Wow, been gone a few days...I can't even begin to thank you all enough for all the replies. There are some GREAT suggestions and I'm gonna give them a go tonight and see what happens.

Someone asked what I was trying to do. I'm a big fan of just about anything from Johnny Cash to The Smiths...but my true love is for the aggressiveness of hardcore, punk and metal. I played bass years ago, but gave it up around the time I got married...had kids shortly thereafter, and now like 12 years later I'm finding time to play again. Anyway...just playing some noisy, heavy stuff...and have a few songs written where a little guitar feedback would add a little life to some parts that feature just drums...like in an intro with a sort of tribal tom beat. Would be really cool to have some feedback fade in until the guitars and bass kick in.

So yeah, nothing crazy...not gonna go Eddie Van Halen and hold a drill to my pickups. Just adding a little noise that this software seems to do such a great job of getting rid of.

Thanks again for all the suggestions...home recording (and playing guitar for the most part) is pretty new to me, and will certainly be sticking around this forum. Oh yeah...I just made the jump from Garageband to Reaper. Was intrigued after hearing that Reaper can automatically separate an EZ Drummer kit in to their own individual tracks...and now finding so much more that I've been missing with Garageband.
atomcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote