View Single Post
Old 07-15-2014, 01:21 PM   #86
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimU View Post
Surely the Midi timebases should behave in exactly the same way as the audio timebases, ie.

This is how midi items should behave, I was quite worried when I discovered that they don't

I think the original tempo thing should probably be implemented into the item properties menu for both midi and audio (and video) items
i agree. biggest and most overlooked problem in reaper since i started using it. took me some months of investigation and frustration to even pinpoint the source of the problem and even then almost no one would chime in on it.

guess using midi, audio and tempo maps together is still considered "fringe" and not a critical thing to fix. go figure.

i gave up on tempo maps because of this. i just adjust the playrate envelope instead. it's actually better anyway because the tempo envelope can't do any curves and so it's hard to make it sound natural@.

@benben - i think it's going to be a hard workaround. what i would do is just render the project temporarily and record in a new project without a tempo map. hopefully you can just insert the recorded midi without problem. and until it's fixed i'd recommend using the playrate envelope while working. at the end you can convert it to a tempo map (i think?). you can just use tempo markers for time sig changes, since too many tempo shifts over the length of an item will screw things up. otherwise you probably need to chop your midi items so they start an end at tempo markers.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 07-15-2014 at 01:29 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote