View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #12
Bezmotivnik
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doughboy View Post
I use Drums On Demand, because there so easy to put together and they sound so good. But...if your looking for easy, which I was...that's one way.
Thanks, I'll give that a try. I haven't messed with that.

I'll eventually be doing a played drum track/loops because I want my own drum playing. Drums are incredibly important, almost beyond exaggeration, to most music, even when they're not noticed.

Quote:
Then just finish your rhythm guitar track....why keep redoing it. Once it's done.....IT'S DONE!!! Same with the vocals.....yeah...you can always redo them if you decide they need a change later, or if you hear mistakes....Punch in punchout...touch it up.
Sure, but for the vocals on the piece I eventually want to record after experimentation gets me passibly Reaper-competent, I am anticipating 150-200 full/partial takes for a three-minute song. Might get it in three, but I doubt it. And I am a good vocal artist.

In this case, the nuances have to be perfect but sound totally casual and even somewhat artificially sloppy.

Quote:
When I have a finished track....I feel like I've accomplished something
Yes, and you have!

Quote:
Also....learn to know, "what is as good as you're gonna get it". From that point move on. Or you can keep trying, but make sure you've saved it, and you can go back to it.
There are a few things that are incredibly crucial and most things which are not. The trick is to know which are which.
Bezmotivnik is offline   Reply With Quote