View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Guido
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer View Post
Do they? My ole Logic 5 doesn't (in the sense we're discussing it here), that's for sure. I do have some (not very much) experience with other DAWs, but this is such a rare use case for me (tempo map a free MIDI recording) that I never got to look at how they deal with it.

In Logic there was a "Re-clock Song" function to deal with it where you could reassign bar/beat positions, either manually or with a click track sequence you could record. You had to do that for the full song length. Was a chore to deal with.
Hi,

And we meet again guys!^^

In logic u had the feature.."lock to smpte" or something like that. Multiple items could be selected, and then "locked" to time.

All I really NEED is to not have to go thru many midi items to set them to ignore tempo. If it could be put in the item props box and do all at once that would be good.

@gofer..would it be possible to do this w a Rescript? Im not sayin u should do it^^..just is it possible?

Idealy IMHO, MIDI items {and the data in them} should behave like audio...and respect the timebase selected.

Hope we are not talking agin about this in another year or so^^.

Guido

EDIT..this feature would also be used by ppl scoring to picture. It really is a must...IMHO
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote