View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
Banned
Human being with feelings

Hi PPoyares (welcome +1),
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPoyares View Post
Thanks for the quick answear buddy. I did what you said here but it only works with the track Fx,
Sure, but did you realise that you can pick arbitrary parameters from VSTs in a track and assign them as those "Track FX"? That may be exactly what you're looking for.
Quote:
as general, it's not possible to get inside of the VST and chage parameters in real time like a midi controller does.
Oh sure we can; most VSTs expose many of their parameters to the host. (Warning: Amplitube 3, has an extremely retarded implementation of MIDI and automation control, imho. They probably deliberately crippled their MIDI and automation to push people towards buying their overpriced hardware controllers). You should probably first choose the parameters you want it to expose to REAPER ("AUTO" button on bottom right of AT3's GUI), as it does not expose anything by default (I told, you, it's retarded. ) you have only 16 slots, and it does not provide you with any useful names, either (yeah, you get it: it's really quite retarded).

Quote:
If I want to use the actions options to do the work over my pedal set, I have to build 10 tracks to have 10 pedals. So, each track will have Amplitube or revalver as a VST effect in real time. In the end, the system will crash because of the amount of RAM memory usage.
Well, Amplitube is perhaps a bit of an unfortunate example - its memory footprint is ridiculous (it is probably loading *all* effects into memory at once, whether you use them or not, for *every* instance).
Quote:
We can apply the same idea for a midi controller, with the only diference that we can change the parameters in real time inside a VST like Revalver or Amplitube. Imagine doing the same thing you said, but using a software to emulate a midi controller through the laptop keyboard. This is what I want to do, but I don't know if it's possible. Take care my friend! Thanks again!
For capturing keyboard input (regardless of focus) and forwarding it to REAPER as MIDI (or perhaps OSC) there are a couple of solutions I can think of. You should tell us a bit more about your system (such as which OS?) for optimal advice though. I know how to do it with (more general and powerful) apps like Pure data, or Max/MSP, but something like AutoHotKey may be most useful for your case.