View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #25
OpIvy
Human being with feelings

Whilst I haven't commented on too many of your songs recently, I've been listening to them all and they are just great.
You've got such a unique yet familiar sound for me. I love that sound!

Dunno if you've ever heard of the Hard-Ons or The Celibate Rifles- two legendary Aussie bands, but you'd love em....

Anyway, just wanna say keep doing what you're doing... especially at the rate you're doing it! You have a pile of hits there (none better than Tea and Fags). So...

1. Keep that sick guitar tone- I'm surprised to hear its AT. I rarely use it these days but I may have to have another play.
2. Your guitar playing is exceptional. Has a nice loose feel to it. They just give a 'friendly' melodic feel to the songs.
3. Singing- so good it makes me sick. You've got great relaxed, CATCHY vocal
You using just readelay and no verb, correct?
4. You're not heading down the 'electronic sound' road are you? I see you're using more and more synths, which sound cool but imo, use MORE GUITARS.... but hey, you're the genius here so who am I to say!

And finally, I see how much time you spent with reaper and it shows. The mixes have gone up another level since the earlier tunes. I 'discovered' reaper as a guitar player about 1.5yrs ago and its a hell of a learning curve. You seem so much freer to be able to do what you what now you know your stuff
and that's just cool.
You're advice is always appreciated as I know you've worked out a good way to use reaper. Don't over-complicate things and just use the right tools

Anyway, once again, great work- will be buying this. Congrats on the huge release and can't wait to hear what's to come next
OpIvy is offline   Reply With Quote