View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 04:22 PM   #658
helgoboss
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibem View Post
When I start Playtime, Reaper is starting too. But when I stop playing Playtime, the playback of Reaper is still going on and never stops again. Is this the normal behavior?
This is normal behavior (Playtime needs a continuously running transport).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Hi all.

I have a 10 channel track that I would like to record into using playtime. I have set the input to 10 channel so if I record in the normal fashion I get a 10 channel file.

I would like to create a live recorded loop with a 10 channel file and would expect the file to be generated when recording using playtime to be 10 channels, however when I record using playtime the file is only two channels.

Is it possible to get a 10 channel file recorded using playtime?

(Sidenote, I am looking at playtime because of abletons lack of surround capabilities.)

Thank you!
Right now, recording from inputs offer up to 2 channels. Recording from track offers up to 8 channels. I created a ticket for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummbear View Post
Hi Ben,

At times I am using Playtime slots to act like an instrument / sampler. I have audio clips with MIDI toggle mode set to off and - typically - play start time and play stop time set to immediately (note: I can reproduce the problem whenever MIDI toggle is off regardless of start/top times, however it is more pronounced when start/stop times are set to immediately).

While I am just triggering the clips via MIDI everything works as expected. Even very short triggers like stuttering a vocal clip or finger drumming style play work. I use a Launchpad Pro as MIDI controller to Playtime. Of course I can also record the MIDI input and play everything afterwards, still no problem.

When using Playtime's Write Mode to actually "stamp" the clips on the corresponding tracks I get timing problems: Sometimes clips from the same slot overlap in time which creates multiple takes. Since I have just one pad to trigger one clip that should of course never happen (I cannot logically have one pad on and off at the same time or on "multiple times"). Also, sometimes Playtime accidentally writes the entire clip although I released the pad already. All of this happens only if I very rapidly tap on the pad. It seems that Write Mode causes Playtime to become quite inaccurate in terms of sensing MIDI events in time and writing them onto the track at exactly those times. This is weird because without Write it is perfectly precise. Possibly also linked to Reaper's API you are using for writing clips...

I had the suspicion that maybe the sluggishness tolerance had something to do with this behavior but even setting it to 0 did not help.

Do you have any idea what the cause could be and if there is any remedy?
Actually I would have also suspected the sluggishness tolerance. But yes, it must be something else then. I'll have a look. Ticket 269.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themixtape View Post
Apologize if this has been covered already but... can Playtime "midi-learn" scroll up/down and left/right? I have a Launchpad and want the up/down arrows, and left/right arrows (top left of the Launchpad) to scroll through the clips/scenes (rows and columns) and have all the lights match wherever I am, much in the same way Ableton does.

I am running the latest version of Playtime, and Reaper... bought Playtime a few years ago (at version 1.0 I think)... just got around to messing with it again.

Thanks everyone!
Should be already possible with the normal Launchpad and more than 8x8 slots by selecting "Launchpad" as controller. Doesn't this work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
I tried to set up Playtime again, now using my chromatical Footswitch, which seemed to work nice, until I found, that presets are messed up randomly so I can't save my settings for MIDI controlling :-(
Do you use Playtime in combination with ReaLearn? Or normal REAPER automation? How and when does it get messed up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
Hi,

I've was running 1.12.- and now 1.12.1, and in both the "Play clips with arrangement" does not seem to be working. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I am on

Reaper 5.4 64bit
osx 10.9.5

cheers

edit: found it, was the preference VST>Don't flush plugins on stop/reset
Oh, interesting find! I'll try to automatically enable this whenever Playtime is active.
helgoboss is online now   Reply With Quote