View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 03:53 AM   #23
Masi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airal View Post
I do not think you know what you are talking about, sorry.

1. We are taking about a midi item envelop. There is no off by default.. it already is, as all envelops are.
But it's not a MIDI envelope. AFAIK there are no MIDI envelopes at all in Reaper.

Quote:
2. Velocity is the standard representation of loudness, not timbre, changes.
Please reread my post. I only said that any decent sample based instrument has velocity layers. Ie it has different samples for diffent volumes because in real life the timbre of an instrument changes with the volume.

Maybe that you are aware of. But in your original post you only wrote about affecting the volume.

Quote:
I simply want to control the MIDI item's velocity using an envelope on the item itself.
And I don't want it. That is, I don't want the volume enevelope to modify the MIDI velocity. I'm fine with a dedicated velocity envelope as a new feature.

Quote:
I just find it amazing out people react when they fear their some insignificant thing might be changed in their life. Hopefully the human race will get beyond that at some point.
Ad I find it surprsing that you call everyone ignorant who doesn't share your views.

Masi
Masi is offline   Reply With Quote