View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
JayCeePooze
Human being with feelings

Hi, so as a complete Reaper newbie who also happens to be a live keyboard player, I'm wondering whether this extension will be suitable for what I'd like to do.

Most of the sounds I use will be within Kontakt (pianos, organs, EPs, clavs, brass, strings, etc) but I would also like to use some other VSTi's. Ideally, I only want to run one instance of each VSTi but the way I change patches within each one will be slightly different.

Within Kontakt, each sound would be set up on a different midi channel. In everything else I'm likely to use, to change sounds means sending a program change message.

My controller keyboard has buttons that send Bank MSB/LSB + Program change. What I'd like to be able to do is have it so that I can use any of those three values (Bank MSB, Bank LSB, Program change) to direct Reaper to EITHER send my midi to a specific channel in Kontakt OR to select a specific patch within another VSTi.

Ideally, I suppose I could just ignore the Bank MSB and LSB messages and just send a program change and have reaper interpret it correctly, so for example program change 1-16 would direct reaper to Kontakt on the same channel, program changes 17-24 would be specific patches within VSTi A (Prophet V for example) and program changes 25-35 would be specific patches within VSTi B (minimoog) and so on.

Is this the right extension for what I want to achieve?
JayCeePooze is offline   Reply With Quote