View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #32
morelia
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
- You mean without the Waves plug-ins? Or did you reload the plug-ins and presets and saved the project and that one loads?
The project loads fine without any Waves plugins. If I try to load a Waves plug it throws the registration failed error. The stroke of luck was that the project that never loads for some reason loaded and played perfectly. So I saved all the Waves presets to try loading Waves plugs again from scratch.

Quote:
- Does anything bad happen when you load Waves plug-ins into an empty project?
99% of the time it throws the failed registration error. Ocassionally a Waves plug will load and I can save the projet but then when I try to open the project again it almost always fails the registration.

Quote:
- Did I understand that right, the affected projects were initially made with v8?
Yes, but as I said above, I have by some miracle had the project open for me, deleted all Waves plugins, loaded the v9 installed plugins and the exact same error comes up.

Quote:
- You say you're using REAPER 32 bit now. Since the v9 plug-ins in questions are 64-bit, it may be better to use REAPER 64 bit in order to avoid bit-bridging them (in case that is involved in the problem).
I'm using the 32bit versions in Reaper 32bit. I don't want to go 64bit because not all the plugins I use support it.

Quote:
- Does that also happen when you use REAPER 64 bit?
I'm not using 64bit Reaper.

Quote:
- Is your Windows on the latest patch level? The plug-ins and the license mechanism are very likely relying on 3rd-party/system modules (MSVCRT etc. "redistributables").
Absolutely up to the minute up to date.

Quote:
The problem with that is: your issue is (for now) happening on your machine only and for all involved parties, it's doesn't seem to be a known problem and also the package is pretty new. I'm sorry that an unfortunate situation like this can come up, but we don't know how the licenser error gets triggered and the ones who could (perhaps) help you troubleshooting this in a more targeted way, currently don't want to support it when you use REAPER and the rest wishes they could stop by and lay hands on your computer and have to poke around a lot in the dark instead.

Also, support sent you to the forums because whenever such obscure things happen, you want to have as many experienced brains as possible thinking up ways to troubleshoot this from a distance, and all the gathered information (with conveniently embedded pics if need be etc.) and questions already asked at one place for everyone to see. I'm sorry that you end up with that as your best bet but that's the best help we can offer with this.
Thanks for explaining. I just really want some help and it get a bit frustrating when there appears to be none. I hope I don't come across as not appreciating the help I am being given. Quite the opposite. I just want to keep trying until I sort htis out and it is really frustrating not being able to run a project that ran perfectly prior to v9 Waves.
morelia is offline   Reply With Quote