View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 03:34 PM   #31
zenmonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdave View Post
Let me restate the problem: I put your files in the same folder as those that were already being listed in the dialog but Reaper didn't list your files even after reloading Reaper. So your files are in the proper folder but they just are not being shown in the dialog list.

Could this be a bug in Reaperx64?
I think you didn't understand me.

Take a look at the newest release notes for 3.451:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper 3.451 Changelog
Windows:
* better Windows 7/Vista UAC support for user customizable content (JS, ColorThemes, etc)
* installer file type registrations separate for x64 and x86
* user-editable content (themes, JS, etc) are now installed to user profile directory automatically
As you can see Reaper is changing where user-content JS scripts, Color Themes, etc are being installed. There may be a new Reaper or Cockos directory in your User directory that you're supposed to install user content.

With that said, I don't know why it's not seeing the script if you place it where the other default ones are. I'll try to see if I can figure it out when I have the time.

One thing you can try, just for the sake of testing is the following:

1. go to where the default joystick scripts are installed
2. copy and paste in the same Folder one of the scripts; it doesn't matter which one.
3. accept the UAC dialogs if any pop up
4. rename the copied script to something like joystick_test
5. re-load (or start) reaper and see if "joystick_test" is available in the joystick list.
zenmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote