View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 01:24 PM   #78
keyman_sam
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Falcon View Post
So there is hope...
- Download the Waves Complete v9r30 installer. It's a 1.2GB installer but includes everything Waves offers. This can be found online still on the Multirack download page. If you select the V9 Plugins link on that page you will see it will offer the "offline" installer.
- Download the Waves Central installer.

What worked for me; given I already had Waves Central installed:
- Used Waves Central to move all my Waves licenses off my computer and back to the Cloud. If you do NOT do this, I think you are going to have licensing issues if you follow my steps to delete all Waves content from your C: drive.
- Used Waves Central to "uninstall" all Waves V9 plugins
- Uninstalled Waves Central itself using Windows Programs and Features panel
- Manually searched my C: drive for all Waves content and blew it all away. Bear in mind your user presets may be stored under the C: drive somewhere in .xps file. If you value your personal presents, find these files and save them BEFORE you blow the Waves stuff off your C: drive. If you delete Waves installers and presets it's on you - I keep only my OS on my C: drive plus apps.
- Installed the Waves Complete v9r30 plugins. You will need to manually select all the packages and single plugins you own in the installer checkbox list. Let this install the Waves License Center.

At this point I tried the old tried and true Waves License Center that was installed by the Waves Complete installer. It did NOT work and pointed me to the "new installer" aka the Waves Central.

- I did install the Waves Central but did NOT use it to install or activate any plugins. No need since they were previously installed using the v9r30 offline installer.
- Logged in to my Waves account in the Waves Central app and used the Manage Licenses function to move my licenses from the Cloud back to my computer. If you use a USB stick I guess you can move them to the USB stick.

- I keep my plugins on a separate drive so that I have control of what Reaper uses. I copied the WavesShell files 9.3 and 9.7 from the C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Waves folder where the installed to my G:\VST\VST64\Waves folder.

I opened a recent project that uses a pile of Waves plugins plus other stuff from Soundtoys, Slate, etc. Did a 'Clear Cache Rescan' operation. Did not receive any errors from Reaper about unavailable or unlicensed plugins. Let it run 15-20 minutes after making some changes and saving. No crashes. Turned autosave back on with a 15 minute interval. Noted that project folder now contains valid autosave files.

FWIW my Waves plugins all report version 9.3 as expected. I also use StudioRack Native which reports version 9.7 also as expected.

What a pain in the butt. At least I was able to find a way to get back to work. Hopefully this will help others as well with similar problems on Windows 7 and Reaper.

Thanks a ton for this.

I followed this step by step and I have a complete fresh waves install but it hasn't helped at all. Any pointers?
keyman_sam is offline   Reply With Quote