View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 07:56 PM   #69
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
How would it know what "you" want without asking? We must be misunderstanding each other because just throwing user folders on some non-system drive without asking would be a terrible idea for multiple reasons. That's why most OS's don't do it, and having them on the system drive, for most users is just fine and generally causes no problems.
What problems. The computer comes empty, and they make the choice for you already anyway. Just the worst choice, as far as I can see.

Quote:
Latest version before the creators update, which version are you referencing?

Where it took me... Worked for a folder as well.

If you are just clicking open, that will stay as search because you are drilling down inside the search, instead of opening the file/folder itself like open file location does.
Oh ya, right, that's it, it's when you open a folder from within the search, it should go to that folder location, and leave the search thing entirely, except for the "back" navigation should be able to get you back there. I think the downside is that will usually mean it will trigger the search again, but that's a fact you'd have to live with. Entering a folder and staying in the Search hierarchy, to me, is stupid. It should function as the "open file location" thing does.

I also wish it let me "open file location" in another window. Or even if it gave me tabbed explorer windows, that would be nice. This would let me keep the search results, without needing it to start the search again, and I could explore into folders if I want. But if I enter the folder I want, I should just be in that folder in my system, imo.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 06-18-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote